The vision of SUWAMA for Suriname is:
the whole Suriname community lives according to the principles of cradle – to – cradle, corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
- Each individual is aware of the effect that his/her action has on the environment and minimizes this effect.
- The direct environment, being the living/residential and working environment, is being held clean continuously, during which the waste is collected separately and no longer ends up on the streets, in the gutters, in the drainage and rivers, is combusted uncontrolled, functions as a breading place for all sorts of disease and disfigures, damages and pollutes the surrounding environment.
- The yards, banks, streets, gutters, canals and rivers are clean, also in the uninhabited areas.
- Used products are biodegradable or reusable.
- Green energy is generated and used.
- During all of this, the Surinamese community is assertive, critical, self-correcting, responsible, venturous and innovative and the Surinamese government plays mostly a facilitating, regulating and policy making role.
All is being made possible by national environmental policies and environmental laws and regulations for all branches with corresponding controlling parties, facilities, continuous educational programs and environmental values and norms being a constant part of upbringing and education.